Sasha Pivovarova by Craig McDean for Vogue Italia, October 2009
remember when i used to do diy post? oh those were the days.
embellished wool tights
- opaque tights. very very opaque. very very thick. navy is a lovely color when in an opaue tight.
- needle ( i do not suggest hot glue because of elasticity and washing longevity)
- loose pearls from a necklace (faux is fine infact faux is best)
- loose sequins in a gold or silver tone
- loose shiny things in a similar gold or silver tone(mirror small flat buttons sequins in different sizes necklace beads) and a few extras maybe in a contrasting tone (see color wheel, for navy try green ect ect)
- try and figure out how you want the pieces to lay once you sew them on. i suggest laying two rows of the pieces flat on the floor the length of your leg and arranging them so that they vary in width and items
- stick a piece of carboard into your tight. i used the piece of board mine came with.
- with the needle and thread attach the pieces to the tight moving the cardboard piece down the leg as you go so that you dont sew through the tights.
- continue until finished.
- put tights on and be carerful. add any extra pieces to empty spaces or tighten loose pieces and careful not to prink your leg.
- always, always, always hand wash in cold water or put in a ziplock bag in the freezer. the freezer kills germs and keeps things from getting loose or tangled or ripped.
look at you and your sparkly legs! twerk or should i say twinkle.